Finding a quality real estate sales agent is important in order to enjoy a painless real estate transaction. The question is: how can you find a real estate agent that you can trust? The best real estate agent doesn’t necessarily make the most money or close the most transactions. What is important is that the real estate agent you choose has experience, listens to you, knows your market, and conducts himself in an ethical manner.
Looking for a Trustworthy Real Estate Agent in San Mateo County
There are several factors to consider when choosing a professional real estate sales agent in San Mateo County, including the larger cities of Daly City, San Mateo, Redwood City, South San Francisco, and San Bruno. Following are tips to consider before making your final choice:
- Attend open houses and meet real estate agents in an environment where you can interact with them in a non-threatening way. This will give you an opportunity to see how the agent shows the home and interacts with others. Pay attention to whether she is polite, knowledgeable, professional in appearance, and trying to sell the features of the home.
- Pay attention to listing signs in your neighborhood. If you see an agent that appears to sell a home quickly, they might be a better choice than the one who has the most “for sale” signs up.
- Look online for the top real estate companies in your area and look for customer testimonials for the real estate agents of those particular companies.
- Take note of advertisements for local real estate agents. It is possible that they specialize in your particular neighborhood. Call or make an appointment with them and question them regarding their experience to see if they might be a good fit for you.
- Ask around for referrals. Look for an agent who goes above and beyond normal expectations for her clients.
- Seriously consider hiring a Diamond Certified real estate agent in San Mateo County. All real estate professionals who have earned Diamond Certified have passed a rigorous ratings process, including license verification and interviews of a random sample of actual customers.
- Ask other professionals to refer a quality real estate sales agent. Not all real estate agents specialize in the same area. There are many different types of real estate sales agents such as commercial or investment property, new home builders, mortgage brokers, etc.
Why You Should Find a Diamond Certified San Mateo County Real Estate Agent
In today’s world, there is a lot of information available online. If you want to buy or sell a home, it makes sense that you might wonder if a real estate sales agent is really a wise choice. Following are ten reasons that highlight why you may want to hire a professional real estate sales agent.
1. Real estate agents are buffers
A quality real estate agent filters phone calls for you so that you only have to talk to serious buyers who want to write an offer. Or, if you are a buyer, a good real estate agent will filter out builder’s agents.
2. Professional networking
Real estate sales agents network with other professionals which allows them to give you a list of dependable, reputable references of those who can provide services that you will need to buy or sell.
3. Market conditions information
Real estate sales agents have the ability to disclose market conditions. Market conditions determine your selling or buying process. Several considerations determine how you will proceed in the sell or purchase of your home: the average per square foot cost of homes that are similar to yours, average sales prices, ratios of list-to-sold prices, and average days on the market are a few of these considerations.
4. Deals with the volumes of paperwork
Today, purchase agreements run a minimum of ten pages in length. This does not even include federal and state-mandated disclosures. An average real estate file can have one to three inches of paper. It’s important to have a dependable real estate agent who can take care of this for you so that a tiny mistake doesn’t cost you thousands.
5. Guidance regarding pricing
Real estate sales agents will help you as a client determine what the best price is for you. They will be able to help you devise a negotiation strategy based on market demand, supply and conditions.
6. Education and experience
If you find the right person who has more experience and education than you, it will give you the ability to focus on responsibilities and priorities in your daily life, knowing that you don’t need to know everything about the real estate business because you have someone working for you who already does.
7. Confidentiality and negotiation skills
A quality real estate sales agent is skilled in the art of negotiation. They are able to present your case as a client in the best light possible while maintaining confidentiality from competing parties.
8. Neighborhood knowledge
A good real estate agent will either know intimate information regarding your neighborhood or know where to find it. They will also be able to identify comparable sales and help you find information regarding schools, crime, or demographics.
9. Answer questions after closing
A good real estate sales agent will be there for you even after the excitement of closing a house. If taxing authorizes want to collect property tax assessments, for example, your real estate agent will be able to help you straighten out any confusion.
10. Developing relationships for future business
A real estate agent in San Mateo County, including the larger cities of Daly City, San Mateo, Redwood City, South San Francisco, and San Bruno, depends on referrals in order to continue a successful career. For this reason, a good real estate agent will want to make sure you are happy and completely satisfied.
Read moreRead less