It’s an auto body shop’s responsibility to perform a thorough and complete repair job on your car, but you play a big part in how successful your automobile’s body repairs are, too. Here are a few simple steps you can take to be a good customer when you take your car, minivan, truck or van into a local auto body shop.
- Be clear and upfront with the auto body shop representative. Let them know what car problems you’re having, what outcome you expect from the vehicle collision repairs and specific ways they can satisfy those expectations.
- Before you drop off your car, truck or van, restate your expectations and goals, and reiterate to the auto body repair technicians your understanding of the agreement. Most problems with auto body shops occur because of a breakdown in communication. By being clear about your expectations, you can avoid most conflicts.
- Ask your service writer if you should call to check on the progress of your vehicle body repairs or if he will call you with regular updates.
- Be sure your service writer has a phone number where you can be reached at all times while your car or truck is in for body repairs. Your repairs will move along more smoothly if you can be reached for any necessary updates or authorizations for body work.
- When the shop contacts you, return calls punctually to keep the repairs on schedule.
- Pay for body repairs promptly.
Bay Area auto body repair shops appreciate when customers are straightforward, honest and easy to work with. Your “good customer” behavior sets the tone from your end and creates an environment conducive to a good working relationship. Therefore, the process may go smoother and any problems may be more easily resolved.
To find a Diamond Certified auto body repair shop in your area, click on one of the links below.
Alameda County: www.diamondcertified.org/alameda-auto-body
Contra Costa County: www.diamondcertified.org/contra-costa-auto-body
Marin County: www.diamondcertified.org/marin-auto-body
Napa County: www.diamondcertified.org/napa-auto-body
San Francisco: www.diamondcertified.org/san-francisco-auto-body
San Mateo County: www.diamondcertified.org/san-mateo-auto-body
Santa Clara County: www.diamondcertified.org/santa-clara-auto-body
Santa Cruz County: www.diamondcertified.org/santa-cruz-auto-body
Solano County: www.diamondcertified.org/solano-auto-body
Sonoma County: www.diamondcertified.org/sonoma-auto-body