Have you received your free copy of the 2021 Summer Diamond Certified Directory Update in the mail? It provides instant access to hundreds of local, top rated Diamond Certified companies across a wide range of service industries, from auto repair and real estate to optometry and dentistry. Read more
The 2021 Diamond Certified Directory is in the final stages of production, which means printing is just around the corner! More than 800,000 copies of the Directory will be sent to homes and businesses throughout the Greater Bay Area. Each Diamond Certified company is presented with a full-page profile that includes:
- Contact information (address, phone number, website, email)
- Services and service areas
- Business profile and philosophy
- Verbatim survey responses from real, verified customers
- In-depth ratings information, including customer loyalty and customer satisfaction rankings
- Legal information (insurance coverage, California business license)
Have you received your free copy of the 2020 Fall Diamond Certified Directory Update in the mail? It provides instant access to hundreds of local, top rated Diamond Certified companies across a wide range of service industries, from auto repair and landscaping to optometry and dentistry.
Every Diamond Certified company must continue to deliver on its promises to you, the consumer. That’s why we conduct ongoing customer satisfaction research, perform credential-based ratings, monitor each company’s performance, and back you up with mediation and the Diamond Certified Performance Guarantee. Read more
It’s easy to get complacent when we’re all so distracted by what’s going on in the world. Unfortunately, distracted people can be easy targets for all kinds of scams, especially online scams. Here’s a case in point.
About three weeks ago, I received an email from an acquaintance asking me if I had an Amazon account (red flag). Nancy said she was having trouble with her credit card and wanted to buy a $200 Sephora gift certificate on Amazon to surprise her niece for her birthday, which was the next day (red flag). Read more
If your home needs foundation work, you’ll obviously want to hire a contractor with plenty of experience and relevant industry certifications. However, one certification you may not have considered is EPA lead-safe certification. After all, that’s just for painters, right? The reality is that foundation contractors are just as beholden to the EPA’s rules on lead-safe protocol—a lesson Mark Corrallo of All Seasons Construction learned the hard way. Read more
Today we’re republishing one of our most popular (and useful) posts from Joy Lanzaro, Director of Mediation & Compliance.
Here are eight steps you can take to hire a reputable remodeling contractor:
- Obtain multiple bids (if possible). Getting multiple bids is a great way to ensure you’re making an informed choice. If you sign a contract, you have exactly three days to rescind in writing. Upon rescission, the contractor must return your deposit. If your area has been declared a disaster area, the three-day Right of Rescission extends to seven days.
- Check license information. By law, anyone who undertakes to improve your home or property must have a contractor’s license if the cost from start to completion will exceed $500.