If your carpets, upholstery, or area rugs are in need of odor removal, stain removal, or heavy duty deep carpet cleaning, there are excellent carpet and upholstery cleaning companies in Santa Clara County that can help.
Unfortunately, small accidents such as spills and stains are a part of everyday life. And sometimes, the carpet cleaning products at the local grocery store don't cut it. This is where the help of a professional carpet and upholstery cleaning company comes in handy.
Carpet and upholstery cleaning companies in Santa Clara County, including the larger cities of San Jose, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, Mountain View, and Milpitas, offer various carpet and upholstery cleaning services. Depending on the carpet and upholstery cleaning company, they may clean specialty textiles, drapery, wool, hand woven rugs, Chinese fabrics, or detailed carpet weaving. Some commercial companies even use special techniques to remove gun, pet urine, wine, mildew, pet odors, bed bugs, wax, tar, nail polish, wine, and dry soil from home carpet and throw rugs.
How to Select a Diamond Certified Carpet Cleaner Company in Santa Clara County
First of all, when selecting a good carpet and upholstery cleaning company, you should explain exactly what you need from the carpet cleaner. When you first contact them, let them know the size of the rug or carpeting to be cleaned. Inform them of any imperfections you want corrected such as stains or burns. Be sure to thoroughly describe the cleaning services that you need as the more complex the solution, the higher the estimate will be. You may want to be conservative with your preferences in order to keep the expense at a minimum.
After you've researched your carpet cleaner options, it's time to narrow down your choices. Look over your notes and decide which factors are the most important. As you measure by these criteria, you will be able to assess which professional carpet and upholstery cleaning companies will be able to do the job most effectively.
In order to have a good experience with your local Santa Clara County carpet and upholstery cleaning company, follow these steps:
- Be sure to ask for references for the carpet and upholstery cleaning company of choice. Make sure the company is a member of the BBB and has a good record.
- Cheaper doesn't necessarily mean better. Be sure that the $9.95/room special is being done by a quality carpet and upholstery cleaning company that is certified and uses hot water extraction equipment. Usually those requirements knock the $9.95/room carpet cleaning companies out of the equation.
- Make sure that the carpet cleaning company uses the Hot Water Extraction (HWE) method for cleaning your carpets.
- Be sure that your carpet and upholstery cleaning company of choice is insured and bonded. A General Liability insurance insures that if the homeowner slips and falls due to over wet carpets, the insurance will cover any expenses. A bond pays if the cleaner steals something from the house where they were working.
- Be sure that your carpet and upholstery cleaning company of choice is certified by the IICRC, which means that they have been through the coursework and passed exams pertaining to carpet cleaning.
- Ask the carpet and upholstery cleaning company if they use employees or sub contractors. Question them on whether a uniformed employee in a lettered company truck will show up at your door to clean the carpet of your home. If they use a sub contractor and something is broken or stolen from your home, chances are you may have little recourse.
The Cleaning Process
When you are going to have your carpets cleaned, the minimum that you should expect is that the carpet and upholstery cleaning company will do the following:
- All areas to be cleaned will be pre-sprayed with appropriate sprays to loosen soil.
- All areas to be cleaned will be vacuumed.
- Hot water Extraction with a pH balanced rinsing agent or steam will be used to remove as much soil and detergent as possible.
- Appropriate spotting agents will be used for pre-spotting.
- If required, some sort of agitation will be used.
- The carpet fibers will be groomed for appearance and drying purposes.