Getting in and out of your home or accessing other types of buildings is a task that many may take for granted. However, many people use wheelchair ramps because their legs don’t operate as they should. Wheelchair ramps are inclining planes that help people who use wheelchairs to access their homes or other buildings. The slope of these ramps is important because certain angles are difficult to maneuver from a wheelchair. Wheelchair ramps take this into consideration in their design.
Along the same lines, stairlifts have been nothing short of a miracle for quite some time for individuals who have mobility issues. For people who have difficulty getting around the house, stairlifts are a much more practical and cost-effective solution to, for example, home adaptations. Thanks to stairlifts, the elderly and disabled can stay in their own homes where the surroundings are familiar.
Home lifts and ramps companies in San Francisco, including the larger neighborhoods and surrounding areas of Sunset District, Richmond District, Mission District, Tenderloin District, and Bernal Heights, install, repair and maintain a variety of accessibility equipment for clients throughout the Greater Bay Area. Its products include stair, vertical platform and patient transfer lifts, overhead track systems, ramps, and more.
How to Find a Good Home Lifts and Ramps Company that is Diamond Certified in San Francisco
Buying a home stair lift or ramp in San Francisco is a major purchase so you don’t want to hurry into it. Take the time to do the following:
- Make sure a stair lift or ramp is the right choice for you. Research the pros and cons of residential care, employing home care, or moving to a single storey property first.
- Talk to others who own a stair lift in order to get feedback.
- Visit the supplier showrooms and schedule an appointment for a home visit.
- Ask for a written estimate that includes all installation costs. Then compare the details across from each company.
- Make sure to get a brochure from each company that has a reputation for safety and reliability so that you can learn more about the product.
More Information About Home Lifts and Ramps Company in Solano County
When choosing between home lifts and ramps companies in San Francisco, including the larger neighborhoods of Sunset District, Richmond District, Mission District, Tenderloin District, and Bernal Heights, there are more facts to consider than simply price. Keep the following factors in mind:
- Make sure that a home lift system has a smooth ride. Good quality models glide without any friction.
- Take note regarding the warranty period for the chair lifts. A 12 month warranty should be a minimum.
- Chair lifts have weight limits. Be sure to ask about the weight limit of the chair lift you are considering purchasing.
- Pay attention to whether there is a buy back scheme should the user pass away within a short time of purchasing a chair lift.
- Because installation can vary from 24 hours to several weeks, make sure you question the company of choice regarding when the chair lift can be installed.
- Ask questions regarding financial options. Some companies have flexible payment options, interest free credit, or “try before you buy” programs.
- Make sure to pay attention to the service and support that is available after installation.
- If there is a power outage, be sure to ask if the stair lift will continue to operate.
Stair lifts: Curved or Straight?
There are two main types of stairlifts: straight and curved. Straight stairlifts are for stairs that have no bends or half-landings. They are the least expensive of the two types of lifts. However, if your stairs have any kind of bend, corner, or half-landing, you’ll need a curved stairlift. This means that your stairlift will need to be custom-built for your staircase. It also means that once purchased, you will not be able to return it to the factory.
If you would like to stick to a straight lift but have a curved staircase, there is a slightly cheaper option. Two or more runs are installed with a bridging platform. The drawback to this setup is that it means having two lifts which means paying twice. It could also mean more maintenance costs as you will have the upkeep of two motors.
Easy on the Budget Options
Stair lifts that are made to order vary in price. The more complicated the stairs, the more costly the cost of the chair lift. But if your budget is tight, consider the following ideas to add up the savings:
- Reconditioned Stair Lifts
- A reconditioned stairlift is another option to think about. Reconditioned stairlifts have been previously owned by someone else and then refurbished. They are practically as good as new and will usually give many years of service.
- When you purchase a reconditioned stairlift, most of the lift is brand new. You will get a new seat, new rail, and a reconditioned engine which should be good for a few years. Typically the cost of a reconditioned stairlift will be approximately one-third of the price of a new stairlift.
- Don’t be scared to ask the chair lift company to negotiate their price. Most mobility wheel chair companies want your business. A rule of thumb is plus or minus 10% of the initial price quote.
- Many high quality companies offer a rental program. This is a perfect program for the elderly, especially those who rely on a monthly pension. There is usually an initial installation and set-up fee, but then you can rent a chair lift from as little as $90 per month.