When the vehicle repair work is completed, your mechanic is required to give you a written invoice. This documentation must include:
- The name and physical address of the shop.
- Their auto repair registration number.
- A list of all work performed, including warranty work done at no charge.
- An itemized list of all repaired and replaced parts. This must state whether the replacement parts were new, used, salvaged, reconditioned, or rebuilt.
- The total auto repair cost, including the amount for labor.
- Any pertinent hazardous waste disposal fees and the shop’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) number.
- Your vehicle’s odometer reading at drop off and pick up, if requested before you signed the service agreement.