Before leaving your vehicle at a local Solano County auto repair shop or have it towed in for diagnostics, call the service manager to verify that they offer the car repair services you need.
For this phone call, it’s smart to have a list of questions. Write down the answers each auto technician gives you. Use the following questions as you start your search:
- Has your auto shop earned and maintained a Diamond Certified rating?
- Does your car repair shop provide in the car repairs my vehicle needs (car diagnostics, brake replacement, auto air conditioner repair, fan belt replacement, etc. )?
- How often do you fix vehicles like mine (i.e. Buick, Pontiac, GM, Chevy, Ford, Jeep, Nissan, Infiniti, etc.)?
- Is this a common car problem for my make and model?
- Do your auto technicians hold any certifications?
- What type of replacement auto parts do you use? (OEM [Original Equipment Manufacturer] parts, used parts or salvaged car parts?)
- Will you guarantee the auto parts you install?
- Will your automotive repair shop honor the warranties currently covering my vehicle?
- Will the vehicle repairs my car needs negate my manufacturer's warranty?
- Will you give me a written, detailed estimate for all essential vehicle repairs?
- How do you price auto repairs? (Flat fee pricing structure or time and materials?)
- Do you warrantee or guarantee your car repairs? Are there any exceptions?
- I live in _____ (Vallejo, Fairfield, Suisun City, Dixon, Vacaville, Travis Air Force Base, the Bay-Delta Region, etc.). Do you offer courtesy cars or rental vehicles?
- How long has your auto repair shop been in Solano County?